What is the International Students Career Fair?
The International Students Career Fair is a special event for the Greater Cincinnati International Students:
• Designed with the International Students in mind
• Featuring Employers that hire International Students, or offer co-op and internship positions to International Students
• Supported by key Colleges and Universities from the Greater Cincinnati Area (University of Cincinnati, Miami University, Xavier, Northern Kentucky University, University of Dayton)
This is a no-miss event if you are an International Student or an Employer interested in hiring International students. Please add it to your calendar for March 9th, 2016, at the University of Cincinnati.
Where and when exactly is the event?
The Career Fair is on March 9th, 2016 between 12pm-4pm, at the Great Hall, University of Cincinnati. Please see a parking diagram below.
Is there a mobile app for the event?
Looking for parking instructions? The list of the employers participating? Check our mobile app, the Download instructions are at http://cinciglobal.org/cinci16/
How much does it cost to attend?
If you are a student, the event is free.
If you an employer, please register at www.HireUC.com . Look for Events, Jobs 4International Students, or Event #553. The cost for an employer attending the event starts at $80 (for two representatives attending). The exact fees are listed on the www.HireUC.com.
Who organizes this event?
The Career fair is sponsored by: UC Worldfest Week, University of Cincinnati Career Development Center & International Programs, Xavier University, Miami University, Northern Kentucky University, Cincinnati State, Thomas Moore College, University of Dayton, CinciGlobal/Diverse by Design of the USA Cincinnati Regional Chamber of Commerce, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
I want more information – how do I connect with the event organizers?
Please connect with us via the Connect with the Event page. We will provide updates and info on the event via a newsletter.
Can I contact someone directly about the event, or the registration?
For more information contact: Julia Montier-Ball, MEd email@example.com or call the Career Development Center, University of Cincinnati (513) 556-3471
How many students will attend, what degrees do they pursue, and what type of jobs are they looking for?
We expect over 500 students to attend the event. We had over 400 students registered so far.
The word clouds below provide a representation of the degrees and types of jobs they are looking for.
What organizations attend the Career Fair?
Employer Registered – we will also have participants from all Chambers of Commerce (Chinese, Indian, Hispanic, Cincinnati) – see full list below
|1. FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK OF CINCINNATI|
|2. Harco Manufacturing Group, LLC|
|3. Intone Networks Inc|
|5. Miami University|
|6. Parking Solutions Inc.|
|7. Pomeroy IT (agreed to attend, not registered yet)|
|8. SLK America|
|9. Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc.|
|10. United States Army|
|11. University of Cincinnati College of Business Graduate Programs Office|
|12. Vedicsoft Solutions
13. American Red Cross
Two Immigration attorneys
Douglas Halpert, Esq. , Hammond Law Group, http://www.hammondlawgroup.com/about/attorneys/douglas-j-halpert/
441 Vine Street, Suite 3200, Cincinnati, OH 45202, firstname.lastname@example.org, 513/287-5806
Shahrzad Allen, immigration attorney at Pickrel, Schaeffer and Ebeling
- European American Chamber of Commerce, Dayna Wood
- Cincinnati USA Hispanic Chamber, Alfonso Cornejo
- Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber, Tessa Xuan and Rufan Li
- Indian American Chamber of Commerce, Daniel Rajaiah
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Mary Stagaman and Kaeli Erskine. Also Lauren McGarity, Ohio Dept. of Higher Ed rep
- Resume Doctor
- LinkedIn Photo Booth
- Networking Game (passport where students get stamps at each booth) – Need CG-Team to donate misc. items for prizes.
- Resource Area Booth
- Two student organizations booths
- Women in Science organization booth
Where can I park for the Career Fair?
Here is a parking diagram:
Is there a diagram of the Career Fair Booth?
Please see the layout for the Career Fair below