Summary of the call on Thursday afternoon and next steps:
- Focus of the call was on the Career Fair preparation, especially the engagement with employers.
- Good engagement from students (423 registered to date). Please continue to share the invite / save the date with students. List is and info here. No NKU students so far, Bill Froude and Francois working on that.
- Student Volunteers – we have 60+ students that volunteered for the Career Fair. I listed their contact info here (Google Docs). If you plan to contact them, please update column C of Student-Volunteers tab with your name, so we don’t have multiple team members contacting the same student.
- Career fair day – Julia published a detailed schedule, with volunteer expectations and where help is needed. Please add your name to the volunteer list for the event – Julia needs all of us. The list starts on page 6 of the attached.
- Ron Cushing shared the plans for the March 7th 3 Steps to a Job in US event – details here http://cinciglobal.org/3steps/ and at the LinkedIn group. The invite will go out with the next student newsletter.
- Eleodor shared the mobile app – more details on page 3 of the attached.
- Mary Stagaman joined and shared the communication of the event via the Chamber (Minority Chambers, Diverse by design events). Mary also talked about structuring the event to create the maximum value (Resume Doctor booth, potentially Elevator Speech for Students) and also creating multiple touchpoints with the International Students.
- The most important next step: All Team members please contact a few employers from the list, and mark next steps on here (Google Docs) – tab is Pick 5-10 Employers. Please engage employers – we need 20-30 employers to have a successful Career fair – we now have 9 registered. Will share a weekly scorecard on where we are. Thanks to those that already committed – Julia, Kathy, April, Lisa! The info on the event is at http://cinciglobal.org/info
One line summary – focus is on engaging employers, and we need all the help there.