Summary of the call on Thursday afternoon and next steps:
- Focus of the call is on the Career Fair preparation, especially the engagement with employers.
- Good engagement from students (270 registered to date). Please continue to share the invite / save the date with students.
- Student Volunteers – we have 48 students that volunteered for the Career Fair. I listed their contact info here (Google Docs). If you plan to contact them, please update column C of Student-Volunteers tab with your name, so we don’t have multiple team members contacting the same student.
- LinkedIn group has seen a significant increase – 457 members as of today.
- Career fair day – Julia will publish a detailed schedule, with volunteer expectations and where help is needed.
- Ron Cushing shared the plans for the March 7th 3 Steps to a Job in US event – details here http://cinciglobal.org/3steps/ and at the LinkedIn group. Next step is to clarify the recording sharing window (30 days, 90 days)
- Eleodor to continue to explore with Mary Stagaman the communication of the event via the Chamber.
- The most important next step: All Team members please contact a few employers from the list, and mark next steps on here (Google Docs) – tab is Pick 5-10 Employers. Please engage employers – we need 20-30 employers to have a successful Career fair. Will share a weekly scorecard on where we are. Thanks to those that already committed – Julia, Kathy, April, Lisa! The info on the event is at http://cinciglobal.org/info
One line summary – focus is on engaging employers, and we need all the help there.