International Students Focus – Meeting Notes
August 13th, 2015
Inclusion on Regional Universities and Colleges Career Forums (Part of existing Career Fairs organized by Universities).
Next steps and Help required
- Next meeting is on August 20th, Thursday at 3pm. Please attend that meeting, and ensure you have it in your calendar.
- Next meeting focus is an update on the Inclusion on Regional Universities and Colleges Career Forums (Part of existing Career Fairs organized by Universities) – Engaging Employers and Communication to Students. Eleodor will provide an update.
- Please submit a short profile for the Program Leadership page – see slide 8 of the deck discussed (attached)
- Eleodor will talk with Mary the CinciGlobal.org identity and design / content rooted in Agenda360 for CinciGlobal.org,a nd the help needed for the Career Fairs.
- April will help identify a designer that can help with the communication materials (Thanks!)
- Eleodor will propose a template for data on International students (degrees pursued, country of origin)
Key discussion points
Thanks April, Malynn and Julia for the lively discussion.
Topic 1: Inclusion on Regional Universities and Colleges Career Forums (Part of existing Career Fairs organized by Universities).
- We reiterated the importance of engaging employers on the program in the upcoming Career fairs, and the importance of signaling during the Career fairs to International students the employers that are considering sponsoring a visa.
- Eleodor did a quick intro on CinciGlobal.
- Julia provided an update on the Career Fairs.
- One topic where we deep dived was on the data around International students, and the intent to quantify the value the International Students bring to the regional economy – where the data is, what sources are particularly of interest to international students.
- Some sources of data discussed